At the moment my life seems to consist of constant list writing (I write one list then the next day I lose it and start another one, forgetting what was on the first list...). Sometimes I wake up full of motivation and excitement and commit myself to 100 different ideas in my head which, in reality, I'm never going to be able to manage all at once.
So I thought where better than to keep a sensible list, that I physically can't lose, than on my blog?
It's easy to feel a bit lost after school or University, a place where you are so used to working towards a final outcome and always looking ahead for new projects. I feel like I'm still transitioning from student to full-time worker and blogging is the first real hobby of my new adult life.
Obviously to make a more interesting read for you guys I'll miss out all the fun stuff e.g. "take chicken out of the freezer to defrost" etc etc. What I really want to do is set myself a few clear goals that will make me feel like I've achieved some personal goodness throughout the month rather than going to work, eating dinner and then it somehow ending up being 11.30pm. Does that happen to anyone else or is it just me?
1. Write four blog posts a week
2. Go to running club every Thursday - keeping fit and meeting new people
3. Attend a Parkrun and try beat my 5k PB
4. Finish a full book (I'm currently half way through "The Ice Twins" and started over a month ago, oops)
5. Bake a new recipe once a week (I seem to bake on auto-pilot when I'm at a loose end but I need to get past butterfly buns and victoria sponge)
Pretty simple I know but I'm all about realistic and attainable targets so let's hope I can stick to it.
What do you want to achieve this month?